Other Places to find Berengaria

Berengaria loves to hear from her readers. Email me at: berengariabrown AT gmail DOT com


Most of my books are available from BookStrand and you can arrange them by genre, series and more to suit your interests. http://www.bookstrand.com/berengaria-brown


Friend me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/berengaria.brown#!/berengaria.brown?v=info


Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/BerengariaBrown

Monday, February 6, 2012

A Promising Virgin out today!

The final book in the "Virgins No More" series, "A Promising Virgin" is out today!


Blurb: "A Promising Virgin"

Zethan, Earl of Mitcham, decides, after careful thought, that the stunningly beautiful Miss Sapphira Arnott will make him the perfect wife. It’s only when she declines his oh-so-flattering offer, that he realizes how rude and arrogant he’d been to her and her brother, and how much he loves her. The only solution is to woo her properly.
Meanwhile Simeon Arnott is in love with Miss Anne Smith. But she’s incredibly rich and he’s a mere Baronet. Fortunately her brother and she herself accept his proposal and they have an extremely successful wedding night. Their ball, however, is almost less than successful thanks to the “help” of the three youngest Arnotts and their plans to go one better than a recent much-talked-about society event.
The Season is almost over. Can Zethan win his lady’s trust?

STORY EXCERPT
The earl was standing at the window, his back to her. He was a very good-looking man—tall, with broad shoulders, and muscled arms and legs. She knew he rode well and played all sorts of manly pursuits. And, of course, he was rich and titled. Simeon was right. She wouldn’t get a better offer than this one from him. And she did like him. She enjoyed his company. He was always a considerate dance partner and his conversation was intelligent and witty. Her heart always beat faster when he held her in his arms for a waltz. She’d known herself very jealous of other women if he danced the waltz with them. Did that mean she loved him? She looked at his taut ass in his tight breeches. His body looked mighty fine and being older than her he’d know well how to please a woman. Her belly clenched at the thought of a man’s hands in all her secret places. She rather thought she’d enjoy the marriage bed. Especially with a well-built, good-looking man like Mitcham.
“Have you finished looking at me, Sapphira? Shall we have the wedding one month from today? In the cathedral of course. No other church will be big enough for all the guests I’ll need to invite.”
Sapphira took a step back in surprise. “You haven’t asked me yet.”
Mitcham stared at her then came closer and took her hands in his. “Dear Miss Arnott, please accept my offer to unite my house with yours in holy matrimony.”
“Do you care for me at all?” she asked hesitantly.
“You’re beautiful. Your wealth and lineage are adequate. You suit me well enough. I’ve never proposed to anyone before, if that’s what you mean. Now, I’ll send my man of affairs to the Bank of England to my lockbox to retrieve the diamond and ruby ring. You can go to Rundell and Bridge tomorrow so they can alter it to fit your finger properly. Then—”
She pulled her hands out of his grasp. “But you don’t care for me as a person. I’d always hoped to marry a man who cared for me at least a little.”
“Of course I care for you. I’m about to spend a monkey altering a family heirloom ring to fit your finger.”
“That’s not what I mean. My mama and papa loved and respected each other. They had a happy marriage. Georgina and Barnabas have found happiness together. They too love each other. I want to marry a man I can love and who loves me in return.”
“Love is for peasants, not for people of our class. You can love our son when he’s born. I will provide you with everything you can possibly need.”
“No. No you can’t. Because what I need is to be loved. I’m sorry, my lord, but I cannot accept your very flattering offer.” Sapphira turned and ran out of the room.


BUY LINK: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/a-promising-virgin-by-berengaria-brown/


Berengaria

No comments:

Post a Comment