Thank you, Rose Anderson, who tagged me.
11 fun facts about Berengaria Brown:
1. I was named for Richard the Lionheart’s wife, Berengaria of Navarre. She was a woman well ahead of her time (1165-1230) who cared about women. Women had no legal rights at that time. They were the property of their father, then of their husband.
2. I love chocolate.
3. My father taught me to read before I went to Kindergarten. My mom was ill and he didn’t know what to do with me.
3. I have always read anything and everything. Books, magazines, the back of the cereal box, signs in store windows…
4. I write a lot of ménage stories, but I also write MM, FF, and MF. That’s because I read anything so I tend to write pretty much anything, too.
5. James Bond is my hero. Any of them. All of them. (Did I say I write ménage?☺)
6. I’m grateful to a couple experienced romance authors who helped me a lot when I first began writing.
7. I love Eleanor Roosevelt quotes. She said some mighty clever things.
8. I travel a lot with my day job. Those places sometimes find their way into my stories.
9. I much prefer hot weather to cold, summer to winter.
10. Most of my books are set in warm weather, although there is one series (“Elinor’s Stronghold”) where winter is the crux of the story.
11. I write for a variety of publishers because I write so many different genres. I’ve also started self-publishing a few books.
Answering Rose Anderson's questions about me:
1. As a person who understands how to use words, what's a perfect word?
A perfect word is one that makes you smile when you use it or makes you sigh with satisfaction when you read it. It’s just exactly right for where it’s being used.
2. Do you have a favorite quote?
A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
3. A favorite holiday?
Any day off work is good!
4. If could have a super power for a day, what would it be and why?
To fly. I’ve written a couple books with a heroine who could fly, because it’s something I’d like to do.
5. Is there one candy bar that you'd choose above all others?
6. What's your favorite flower?
7. What's hotter for the hero: long-hair, short, or bald? Explain your choice.
Long hair so I can run my fingers through it.
8. Money, education and fears aside, other than writing, what three careers would you have?
I want to be the mistress of a 99-year-old billionaire. Times three.
9. If you could choose an animal for a mascot, what animal would it be?
A green dragon.
10. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I was very happy as a reader until the day I ran out of books to read. That’s when I decided to become a writer.
11. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A teacher. I grew out of that plan!
Tasha Blackstone has agreed to play along after me.
Watch out for when she uploads the answers to her questions and tells you all about herself.